Interview Dates will be offered within 48 hours of you submitting you Application Form
We are looking for qualified social workers who are available to take up permanent or fixed term contracts within our dynamic Assessment and Short-term Intervention and Child in Care Teams in the North West Central (NWC) area of Birmingham
NWC is a dynamic, vibrant and diverse area of the great city of Birmingham, we work alongside many great communities, families and partners to improve the outcomes for our children.
You will be joining a well-established team which prides itself on good quality, and relationship based social practice. The management team is well established and works very hard to meet the changing needs of our families.
We are proud social workers and we strongly advocate for social justice for our families; many of which may feel marginalised by society. However, we are proportionate and considerate when we have to initiate child protection proceedings. We are passionate about social work and celebrate good practice and success, we are focused on the child but understand and celebrate the role of families in improving outcomes for children. We know this is not always possible so we work hard to implement permanency plans that meet the needs of our children.
You must want to work with vulnerable children; be a qualified social worker who has completed their assisted year in employment and be registered with the Health Care Profession Council.
You will work within our relationship-based, strengths-oriented, family-led practice model.
As well as the above you will receive:-
- Peer Group Supervision
- Service Development Days
- High level of support – high challenge
- Restorative, thoughtful, reflective , experienced and dedicated management team, who celebrate success and support learning .
The qualities you will bring are:-
- Significant experience frontline statutory social work (2 years +)
- Social Work Qualification
- Proven team work
- Emotional intelligence
- Sense of pride in social work and contributions social work makes to children and their families
- Excellent assessment, report writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritising skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with partners
- Understanding of social injustice
- Strong advocacy skills for our children and families
- Significant experience in child protection work
- Significant experience in Public Law
Social Workers - £26,999 to £33,799
Senior Social Workers & Senior Practitioners - £34,788 to £42,683
Team Managers - £43,662 to £54,574
For an informal discussion about any of these vacancies please call Marshelene Williams on 0121 303 0807.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 23rd, 26th, 29th and 30th July 2019 and 2nd August 2019
New Aston House, Alma Street, Newtown, Birmingham B19 2SW
How to apply
Please click Apply Online below to upload your CV