Do you agree that decisions that affect a whole family should be made with the whole family?
Do you believe that families should be partners in safety planning?
If so, you may be interested in an exciting opportunity to join the Family Group Conference (FGC) Service. The FGC Service will be delivering a new DfE funded programme – Supporting Families, Investing in Practice. The FGC project puts families at the heart of making safe decisions and plans for children that are at immediate risk of being taken into care. Children and young people are involved in the conference along with their wider family network, and often supported by an advocate from outside the family. Together, a plan is agreed by all those involved and families agree to meet again to assess how well the plan is going and make the changes necessary to protect children.
To deliver this, we are ideally looking for four FGC experienced facilitators to be part of a new team who will be delivering our FGC Pre-Proceedings project within the FGC Service. You will be facilitating FGC’s and taking a lead for the city in promoting family led practice.
The following experience and competencies are required for this role:
- A Social Work qualification or, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant field such as teaching, mediation, youth work (etc). (If relying on Social Work qualification you will be required to be registered with General Social Care Council).
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the principles and processes of Family Group Conferencing, child protection practice and child care legislation and understanding of the role of other agencies/professionals who work with children and families.
- Experience of working with children and their families from a wide range of backgrounds, including families in crisis.
- Ability to work independently, in an organised way using initiative, being self-motivated, and facilitate meetings involving families, children and young people.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a good level of computer literacy.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and also, to travel across a wide geographical area in a timely and flexible manner at various times of the day.
How to apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form